Dr. Ruxandra Vidu is a published research scientist and university lecturer with 20 years experience in chemical engineering and materials science. She has expertise in thin-films and nanostructure fabrication and characterization for solar materials. Dr. Vidu’s research emphasizes the use of nanoscience and nanotechnology in the development of new materials and processes. Her areas of interest include surface modification and characterization, nano-battery technology, and nano- to micro-scale fabrication using directed and self-assembly of monolayers. Her current research includes ultra-thin film systems and template synthesis of nano-structured materials for solar energy related applications. Dr. Vidu has co-authored over 50 conference presentations, book chapters, and journal papers, and also has 12 U.S. patent applications.
California Solar Energy Collaborative
University of California, Davis
1 Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616
3125 Bainer Hall
- Phone: (916) 792-6272
- Fax: (530) 753-1031
Ph.D. in Materials Engineering and Processing
Department of Materials Engineering and Processing
Thesis: “Electrochemical Atomic Force Microscopy of CdTe on Au for Solar Cells Applications”
Advisors: Professor Shigeta Hara
B.S. and M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering
University “POLITEHNICA” (Bucharest, Romania)
Department of Materials Science and Processing
Awards and Honors
- UNESCO Silver Medal, International Exhibition for Creativity and Innovation, Bucharest, 5-10 June 1995.
- Research Fellowship, Osaka University, Japanese Ministry of Education and Science, January 1996-March 1997.
- Ph.D. Scholarship, Osaka University, Japanese Ministry of Education and Science, April 1997-March 2000.
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who of American Women, and Who’s Who in America.
- University of California Institute of Energy, 2001-02 Awards, UC Energy Institute Energy Science and Technology Projects
- Member of the American Romanian Academy of Art and Science since 2003.
- UC Davis Postdoctoral Scholars Association (PSA) Travel Award
- California Energy Commission (CEC), 2002 & 2006 Energy Innovations Small Grant (EISG) Awards
- 2005-2009 National Science Foundation SBIR/STTR Grants